Logo
Charles Knox Freericks's Collection
 
9/19/2017
 
 
 
 
 
Owner: Pennsylvania Railroad
Model:UNKNOWN 0-6-0Built As:Builder Info (Unavailable )
Serial Number:Order No:
Frame Number: Built:
Other locos with this serial:  
  Page Controls   View:  Pics Per Page:
PRR "Shifter" on the Bel Del
Title:  PRR "Shifter" on the Bel Del
Description:  Pennsylvania Railroad B6sb 0-6-0 leads a short freight nortbound near Montgomery Street, just north of MG Block Station. The train is running on the PRR's Belvidere and Delaware Line, which spanned from Trenton to Phillipsburg. CKF would have been 12-years-old when he took this shot, so one may assume, that my grandmother, Rebecca, had driven him here. To the left is the path of the Delaware & Raritan Feeder Canal, which had been filled in at this location back then.
Photo Date:  1/15/1948  Upload Date: 7/18/2008 12:46:27 AM
Location:  Trenton, NJ
Author:  Charles Knox Freericks
Categories: 
Locomotives:  PRR 387(0-6-0)
Views:  2474   Comments: 0
PRR B6sb #387
Title:  PRR B6sb #387
Description:  Shifter #387 is an Altoona built B6sb 0-6-0. during 1916 and 1920, 238 of class B6sb were built. It is distinguished from other classes of B6 shifters by its Belpaire firebox. It was built between 1916 and 1920. It had piston valves and Walschaerts valve gear. The train is running along side the route of Delaware & Raritan Feeder Canal (which was filled in here back then) and has been caught on 620 black and white film.
Photo Date:  1/15/1948  Upload Date: 7/18/2008 12:57:59 AM
Location:  Trenton, NJ
Author:  Charles Knox Freericks
Categories:  Steam
Locomotives:  PRR 387(0-6-0)
Views:  2208   Comments: 0
Local Freight at Dix Haven
Title:  Local Freight at Dix Haven
Description:  With the Delaware & Raritan Feeder Canal along side, a Pennsylvania Railroad local freight runs north along the BelDel (Belvidere and Delaware Line). It is believed to be north of Trenton just south of Dix Haven. The train is heading towards Phillipsburg. Today the railroad ROW is a rail trail and the canal is a State Park. Meant to supply water to the main canal, the Feeder Canal was navigated by cargo vessels from the time of its completion in 1834. In 1932 it was taken over by the state to be used as a water supply (a purpose it still serves today, even in its protected park status).
Photo Date:  1/15/1948  Upload Date: 7/18/2008 12:58:13 AM
Location:  Trenton, NJ
Author:  Charles Knox Freericks
Categories: 
Locomotives:  PRR 387(0-6-0)
Views:  1965   Comments: 1


Site Design ©2001-2016 Tim Huemmer
Photos © respective authors
  Contact: info@rrpicturearchives.net