||Norfolk & Western #46 "The Tennessean"
||N&W #46, "The Tennessean," slides over Jefferson Street crossing. To the right is the Norfolk & Western General Office Bldg, a 1951 Dodge and a circa 1941 Mack bus in the Safety Motor Transit scheme. The Tennessean ran Memphis to New York. J #608 was built by the Roanoke shops as an unstreamlined J1 in 1944. After the war it was streamlined and converted to a J, one of a total of 14 that N&W owned. Picture was taken on a round trip from Princeton NJ to Sardis MS.
||8/15/1952 Upload Date: 11/23/2008 1:45:44 PM
||Charles Knox Freericks
||1653 Comments: 2